This year will be the first that we have attended as a delegate to any trade show and like most things in life, success can only be achieved by the right preparation.
Andy & I attended an exhibitors briefing earlier in the year which gave some assistance into the do’s and don’ts of a trade stand. This was our starting point and from this we started to put together a list of all the things that need to be agreed on prior to the event. This included:
- Decide what we are going to market/promote
- Decide on our message
- Decide who is going to man the stand and how many including dress code – stand team is to represent the business
- Decide and design the stand and order everything up
- Sort out targets for the day
- Sort out literature for the stand
- Do some Pre-event advertising including Blogs and Newsletter updates
- Work on how to introduce yourself/get a conversation going on the day
- Sort out how to record all enquiries
- Go through the online exhibitors manual and fill in all relevant forms, etc
We are well on the way to sorting out most of the above with the final few queries being resolved over the next couple of weeks. The stand has been designed with the artwork going off to print and additional literature has been produced. The team for the day has also been chosen and everyone involved is excited in anticipation.
On the day, there should be around 4,000 visitors and we know they will not all be right for us. However, our targets have been set and we are confident in the amount of leads we should generate. There is still a lot of work to do prior to the event but, as I mentioned earlier, preparation is key to this being successful.
Remember, we are on stand 179 at the Kent 2020 on Thursday 19th April. Come along and say hello for the chance to win a Kindle!